How do crowns work?
Dr. Haag will place a crown to cover or "cap" a damaged tooth.
Besides strengthening a damaged tooth, a crown can be used to improve its appearance, shape, or alignment. At Southwest Nebraska Dental Center, we employ CAD/CAM technology using CEREC to fabricate your crowns directly in our office.
A crown may be recommended for the following cases/issues:
- Replace a large filling when there isn't enough tooth remaining
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment